Flow Blue Low Compote – Pierced Rim – Oriental – S. Alcock
• Item:- Beautiful Flow Blue Low Compote with pierced rim
• Maker:- S. Alcock
• Pattern:- Oriental
• Date:- c1845
• Size:- 2 inches high, 12 inches in length, 9 inches across –
• Weight:- 763g
• Condition:- Very nice clean condition .- there is a very feint craze line in the foot rim but the piece rings like a bell – so maybe just in the glaze – no cracks or chips
• This would have been part of an elaborate dessert service but such a beautiful piece will stand alone in any collection
• The piercing and the embossed patterning along with the delicate edging of flower petals to the bowl make it a very nice piece
• Patterns by Samuel Alcock tend to be highly sort after, Oriental is one of the top patterns collected – they produced a wide range of wares to a very high standard –
• Which makes them very collectable
• Samuel Alcock -Cobridge 1828-53 – Hill Pottery – Burslem 1830-59 – Staffordshire Pottery 1828-59
• Please email or message me with any queries.
• Happy to combine shipping if it is safe to do so
Items are priced without shipping costs because shipping prices can vary so much depending on weight or box size so it is easier if you message or email me, I can then give an exact cost for shipping and if it is acceptable, I will then send an invoice which can be paid via PayPal or cheque.