Great Syrup Pitcher – Pewter Lidded Jug Puce Ground
£38.00 ( approximately $54 USD)
• Item:- Great Syrup Pitcher – Pewter Lidded Jug Puce Ground
• Maker:- Liddle, Elliot & Son
• Pattern:- Grecian Border – Puce Ground With Gold
• Date:- c1862-71
• Size:- 9 ¾ inches to the highest point on the jug 6 inches from lip to handle inclusive inches high
• Weight:- 946g
• Condition:-Very nice condition – no chips or cracks, a little scuffing on the ground colour which is due to the manufacture of the piece – the enamelling/ ground colour is applied over the glaze which makes it vulnerable to scratching
• The Puce / Magenta with the gold make a very nice stand-out piece – can also be found with Mulberry as opposed o the gold – not known to be found in flow blue
• Liddle, Elliot & Son were formerly known as Mayer & Elliot and were at Dale Hall Pottery in Longport Staffordshire
• Great size for display –
• Although these pieces are known as syrup pitchers, in this size I feel they were for fluids as opposed to syrup – taking into account syrup was an expensive item, so to fill a jug this size would not be practicable
• Please email or message me with any queries.
• Happy to combine shipping if it is safe to do so
Items are priced without shipping costs because shipping prices can vary so much depending on weight or box size so it is easier if you message or email me, I can then give an exact cost for shipping and if it is acceptable, I will then send an invoice which can be paid via PayPal or cheque.